Let’s Cosplay the Scout from TF2
Team Fortress 2 is a game that has left many fond memories in gamers throughout the years. And one fo the most memorable characters is...the Scout!
Despite the fact that its popularity has largely faded, and it has been rendered obsolete by new hits such as Overwatch and DOTA; there will still always be a certain sub-sect of gamers who enjoy reliving the memories of TF2.
So with that said, let’s talk a little bit about our character first:
1) The Scout is from the south side of Boston, Massachusetts.
2) Is the youngest of 8 children.
3) He learned to run fast because of his constant beatings by his older siblings.
Now let’s get to his costume:
1) Black army cap
4) Military dog tags
5) Blue (or red) t-shirt
6) Work pants
7) White tube socks
8) Black Adidas soccer shoes
9) White sports tape
10) Black messenger bag
11) Lousiville Slugger (youth version)
12) Black electrical tape
13) Military belt
So let’s get a little more detailed about how to fit the costume together and how to mess around with it to fit your budget:
1) Both headset and ear muffs may not be necessary. In fact, it may be possible to disregard both if you want.
2) Obviously only a blue or a red shirt is necessary.
3) Dog tags are not 100% necessary either.
4) The Louisville Slugger may not be necessary either, and as if with other types of 'weapons' you will want to make sure that you are
legally (and otherwise) allowed to actually walk around with what’s essentially a weapon.
5) Athletic tape may also de discarded if desired.
6) Belt may be improvised with any black belt you may already have if so desired.
And there you have it!
The Scout from TF2...FIRE FIRE FIRE!