Amethyst from Steven Universe Cosplay | DIY Costume Guide
Let’s Cosplay Amethyst from Steven Universe
So let’s start with who she is and then get to the good part...Amethyst is:
1) A member of the Crystal Gems .
2) She is the last known Gem manufactured on Earth.
3) And she is also one of the last surviving Gems on Earth.
4) She was found by Rose Quartz .
5) She has protected the Earth for over 4 millennnia, and now helps out Steven Universe .
And there you have it!
Amethyst in a nutshell!
OK here’s her costume parts:
1) Black tank top
2) White rain boots
3) Dark purple tunic
4) Lilac face paint
5) Black leggings
6) Purple nautical star patch
7) Light purple wig
8) Dark purple drawer knob
9) Purple pencil top eraser
10) Purple amethyst flat back large round acrylic jewel
11) Feet bull whip
Unfortunately, I have to start this next part with saying that there’s really not a whole lot you can do in terms of ‘improvising’ with regular, everydays.
Amethyst’s look is one that combines a lot of things that aren’t really ‘clothes’ or apparel, but rather more arts and crafts, and so if you disregard them then there’s just simply too much of a chance that the appearance will be ruined too much because of a lack of things that make the character who she really is.
Essentially, what I’m saying is that most of these items are necessary (if not all), and the only things you can really do to change the above formula would be to just simply not include them in your costume for simplicity or monetary reasons.
1) Wig may not be necessary if you can use colored hair spray and have the proper length and ‘style’ of hair already.
2) Bull whip may also be disregarded too.
And really that’s about what it all boils down to...again, you’re simply going to have to include most of these in here.
Things like the jewel and the star patches are too vital to leave out, because they differentiate an ordinary pair of leggings to ‘pants’ specifically unique to Amethyst.
And the gem is kind of very relevant to someone who is fictionally a ‘gem’...
Anyways, enjoy your time with her!